Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Calling All Guest Bloggers and JT Eco Project

Let's share our stories!

I would like to feature at least one guest blogger each week (new or recurring). So far, I have a few really exciting bloggers lined up, and I am very excited to see what kinds of great stories they will regale us with. If anyone else would like to contribute, by all means -- send any stories, thoughts, quotes, or pictures my way. What is meaningful to you? What have you learned along the road of this crazy life? Or maybe you just have a good recipe to share or a really cool picture. Email me: mara@welcometoadulthood.com

I feel inspired. I hope you will feel that way too as we watch this little blog...grow up.





Here's a little inspiration to hold you over:
These pictures above are from my good friends Melissa and Pete's off-grid Joshua Tree Eco Project, in its very early stages. Melissa and Pete bought a bunch of land out in Joshua Tree and are building a series of cabins, built from all recycled materials, complete with solar energy! These cabins will eventually be part of a sprawling camp site in Joshua Tree where visitors can enjoy the desert beauty while camping in unique "green" cabins. This project is a labor of love, let me tell you. Melissa and Pete have built everything (including leveling the land and laying the foundation) with their own hands! And, nearly every material they have used has been free (it is recycled after all!) They really are amazing and these pictures do not do their project justice.

Hats off to these two! I can't wait to post more pictures as the project progresses.

For more information about the Joshua Tree Eco Project, visit Melissa and Pete's website at nestandnook.




No comments:

Post a Comment