Monday, March 15, 2010

One Bowl Mini Cherry Cheesecakes



This weekend I baked Mini Cherry Cheesecakes for a dinner party with friends. Not only were they delicious, but they were also perhaps the easiest baked goods I have ever made to date. I used Paula Deen's recipe, and while I haven't had success with many Food Network recipes, this one is definitely one for the recipe box. The best news is that you only need one bowl!

Bake this recipe immediately! Your friends and family will think you slaved over the oven for hours, but little will they know that it only took you 8 minutes.

Ingredients
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling or other pie filling
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of muffin pan. Beat cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, 1at a time, beating well after each addition. Lay a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. (Don't worry if the cookie is smaller than the muffin cup, it will spread during baking.) Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with cherry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.


(photo via PreparedPantry. My camera broke, but mine looked just as delicious.)

1 comment:

  1. I love these! I find Food Network recipes to be pretty hit or miss, but you're right, these are awesome. You'd love Paula Deen's tomato canapes as a similar savory dish, my fiance asks me to make them at least once every week :)

    ReplyDelete